University of South Australia
Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Application Development)
- Study at SA’s No.1 university for graduate careers1 and graduate skills2 in IT.
- Gain technical knowledge and specialist software skills to design your own apps across different platforms.
- Influence how people interact with social networks, entertainment, e-commerce and information sourcing and sharing.
- Benefit from contemporary curriculum informed by UniSA research in areas such as artificial intelligence and data analytics.
- Learn from dedicated, highly experienced teaching staff including practitioners employed in industry.
- Benefit from our well-established partnerships with industry offering significant opportunities for placements and industry projects.
- Experience purpose-built teaching spaces designed to facilitate collaboration and work-integrated learning.
- Learn using the latest industry software and technology.
- Professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
- Start now, decide later. Enjoy a common first-year across most IT degrees enabling you to switch between IT specialisations and receive credit for completed courses.
It is predicted that by 2026 there will be nearly 300,000 more technology workers in the Australian workforce. The largest increase in employment is expected for software and applications programmers, with 65,200 workers expected to join the profession between 2020 and 2026¹.
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Application Development) will see you develop specialist expertise in the creation of software, with an emphasis on mobile applications and platforms.
Not only will you develop the technical knowledge and specialist software skills needed to design apps for various platforms, you will also learn techniques for pitching your ideas to potential investors, and – if you have a truly innovative idea – how to launch your own enterprise. You will also learn critical and industry relevant software development methodologies including Agile and SCRUM.
Professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society, you will enjoy a modern, practical approach to your IT education, with significant opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in real-world settings so that you graduate ready to meet the needs of industry.
Enjoy a common first-year across most IT degrees enabling you to switch between specialisations and receive credit for completed courses. This means if you change your mind about your IT specialisation after first-year, you can change programs and still complete your degree in 3 or 4 years full-time (depending on your degree length). Start now, decide later.
On-campus teaching for this program is based at the Mawson Lakes campus. Only 20 minutes from the city centre with easy parking. The Mawson Lakes campus is also accessible by bus and train with the Mawson Lakes train station only a short walk.
What you’ll learn
During your first year of study you will gain a solid foundation in networking, database development, programming fundamentals and systems requirements and design, before focusing on your mobile application specialty that will you see you studying:
- IOS Enterprise Development
- Android Games Development
- Design Patterns with C++
- Agile Development and Governance
- Cloud and Concurrent Programming
In your final year, you will put your skills into practice through our ICT Capstone Project. You may have the opportunity to work directly with an industry client, drawing on the technical expertise gained throughout your studies and applying professional skills in a real-world setting to produce and deliver an artefact for your client. This could include the application of new technologies, developing proof of concept solutions and analysing current business processes to identify areas for improvement.
For more information, visit University of South Australia
Aug 7, 2023