Edith Cowan University ECU
Bachelor of Design
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Design is an ability to question assumptions. Designers are trained to ask, why?’ because this can lead to exciting changes in the way things are done. Design is also the ability to think through doing. Like sketching and drawing, making models or quick prototypes to test your ideas through materials. It’s satisfying work. And if you’re not having fun making, you’re doing it wrong!In our Bachelor of Design course, you can explore design through a specialisation in Visual and Spatial Design, Games and Interactive Design, or Fashion.You’ll develop transferable visual and spatial problem identification, ideation, and prototyping skills to establish your own place in the world, with a personal style, as well as career opportunities and entrepreneurial skills.And because we have real clients that need our ideas, by the end of your course you’ll have real work to show to launch your design career. Or you can go on to further study, such as our Master of Design course.
24 Units 360 Credit Points.
- Games and Interactive Design
- Visual and Spatial Design
Standard entry requirements
- All applicants must meet the academic admission requirements for this course. The indicative or guaranteed ATAR is as published (where applicable) or academic admission requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:AQF Cert IV
- Successfully completed 0.25 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent)
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test
- *University Preparation Course
- *Indigenous University Orientation Course
- *Aboriginal University Readiness Assessment
- Or*Experience Based Entry Scheme.*