Bachelor of Commerce/Computer Science
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This dual degree program allows students to gain two reputable degrees that are highly regarded by industry. It gives students the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge in business and computer science. This dual degree allows students to pursue a Computer Science degree complemented with a solid business foundation from the Commerce degree. Taught by world class lecturers and researchers, students can leverage their technological and business skills, and be successful in a wide range of industries, from automotive to computer games to financial services to robotics.
- 32 courses (192 UOC): Commerce core courses
- One commerce major
- Computer science core courses
- Computer science electives
- One computer science major. NOTE: Students must complete at least 16 courses (96 UOC) for commerce and 16 courses (96 UOC) for science (computer science).
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Business Strategy and Economic Management
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Financial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems and Information Technology
- International Business
- Real Estate Studies
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: Mathematics Extension 1
Meets the education requirement of various professional bodies including Australian Computer Society (Information Systems), Australian Human Resources Institute (Human Resource Management), Australian Securities and Investment Commission (RG-146) (Finance), CPA Australia (Accounting), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (Accounting) and Institute of Public Accountants (Accounting).